BloOming with the flowers

BloOming with the flowers

Thursday 7 April 2011

POEM 4: DO I?


Do I straddle your soul on the crepes of my shoulders?
As if it was the kiss to awake me from death...
The death of having to await your presence, even though your body is here…present
It almost feels as if I am dragging your gaze from a distant…
Yet you are vivid, and my shoulders are heavy
And my pupils are circling you existence
Like the solar system
You have the world in full rotation
Obsessively we are in debt to your incision
Your incision to our seasons
Our seasons scented with your completion
We are high off this circular division
That has stained the clear glass and taken our bodies in hostage
We are in prison
Yet we are full of high beams and green leaves
In exile to a kiss unmasked...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful piece right here.

    'And my pupils are circling your existence
    Like the solar system'

    i love ur use of imagery and ur smart talent, so talented Masha'Allah.

    Keep it real lil sis,

    Najima.

    ReplyDelete